Thursday 12 March 2009

Getting more detail

Working very hard now towards our crit on monday. We have our 1:200 area mapped out and have been working to get the detail correct. It's amazing how much blank space seems to appear when you go from 1:5oo to 1:200!
Have spent ages working out how to plant the orchard area. Hope I've finally got it right. Really interesting researching the local heritage varieties still available. Decided to have varieties developed before 1950. That was relatively easy for apples as there seem to be lots still available. However I really struggled with the pears. Have put in one heritage variety but the rest are recent introductions. Will do some more research to try to find others; will have to see how we go.
Spent two days on Photoshop producing the sequential images. Much easier for me than drawing. Apparently I have an elevated perspective when I draw so it all looks a bit odd! Much easier in photoshop using the scale of people as a guideline.
Sections are finally beginning to look a bit better. Will print out loads today, which I know won't be perfect, but will do for the crit. I need to work out how to draw lines in Illustrator!
I think on Monday we'll get our 1:50 areas to detail so that should be another challenge!

No comments: